In History of Computers the name Charle’s Babbage was famous for invention of Computers known as “Father of Computers” as there many computer scientists make their fame with innovative inventions among those some Top 10 Computer Scientists are listed in this article four your reference with their values.
Top 10 Computer Scientists
1. Dennis Ritchie: His Full name was Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie an American computer scientist. He created the C programming language and, with long-time colleague-mate friend Ken Thompson, the Unix operating system and B programming language.
2. Larry Page: Lawrence Edward Page is an American software engineer and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known for his contributions to the search engine giant as one of the co-founders of Google along with Sergey Brin.
3. John McCarthy: John McCarthy was an American computer scientist and cognitive scientist. McCarthy was one of the founders of the branch of artificial intelligence.
4. Donald Knuth: Donald Ervin Knuth is an American computer scientist, mathematician, and professor emeritus at Stanford University. In 1974, he received the ACM Turing Award, not formally was considered the Nobel Prize of computer science. Knuth for his achievements has been called the “father of the analysis of algorithms”.
5. Tim Berners-Lee: Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee OM KBE FRS FREng FRSA FBCS, also known as TimBL, is an English computer scientist best known as the inventor of the WWW(World Wide Web). He is in Fellowship Professor for Computer Science at the University of Oxford and a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
6. Ken Thompson: Kenneth Lane Thompson is an American pioneer of computer science. Thompson worked at ATnT Bell Labs for most of his career where he designed and implemented the original Unix operating system.
7. Fred Brooks: Frederick Phillips “Fred” Brooks Jr. is an American computer architect, software engineer and computer scientist, best known for managing the development of IBM’s System/360 family of computers and systems.
8. Bjarne Stroustrup: Bjarne Stroustrup is a Danish computer scientist, mostly known for his creation and development of the Object Oriented C++ programming language. He is a visiting professor at Columbia University, and also works as a Managing Director for Morgan Stanley located in New York.
9. Robert W. Floyd: Robert W “Bob” Floyd was a computer scientist. He invented the efficient algorithm pattern known as Floyd–Warshall algorithm, which helps to find all shortest paths in a graph, including Floyd’s cycle-finding algorithm for detecting cycles in a sequence manner, and his work contributions on parsing.
10. Guido van Rossum: Guido van Rossum is a Dutch programmer who best known for his creation of the booming Programming language known as Python programming language, for which he considered as “Benevolent dictator for life”.
Related PostsImportant Programming Languages for computer science students Read More